Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Extreme Couponing on TLC Premieres on April 6, 2011


Extreme couponing will air tomorrow, are you going to watch ? I will watch but only to see if it's as misleading as the Pilot show. In my opinion TLC gave viewers the idea that they can get some coupons and just have a huge stockpile right off the bat ! this couldn't be further from the truth ! Without the experience of couponing you will spend more out of pocket ( OOP ) money and end up with stock up items that you really don't need or use. There are so many ways to save and going extreme is not really a way to save money when you factor in the fact that you have spent money on such items, you are paying cash for coupons, fuel cost's are high and the time it takes to shop extreme is out of control.  I am an extreme couponer but I do it for my family, I have a large family of 7 and what I buy I use. I try to have at least a 1 year supply of stock, I'm not a greedy shopper that just gets it to have a huge amount on my shelves, I help out the needy, I give to my adult children that no longer live in my home and friends and neighbors that have hit hard times.
One of the reasons I started this Blog is because I learned how to save huge with coupons and I learned that you don't have to pay full price for things we need, and I learned how to get most of the items we need free and I wanted to share and teach others how to do this, so if you want to go " Extreme" keep good records of your spending because it can get out of control !

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you..I think this show is giving some of us a bad rap..I do get looks when I pull out my binder at the stores..I believe shows like this will only make it harder for us..

    ReplyDelete